- Cartoon of the week: Anatomy of Shows.
- Infographic of the week: Men vs Women – Who spends more at Christmas?
- The Impossibly Wonderful Trailer For Pixar’s “Inside Out” Drops. I want to see this!
- We Are All Confident Idiots. “William Feather once wrote that being educated means “being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don’t.” As it turns out, this simple ideal is extremely hard to achieve. Although what we know is often perceptible to us, even the broad outlines of what we don’t know are all too often completely invisible. To a great degree, we fail to recognize the frequency and scope of our ignorance.”
- You can’t detox your body. There’s no such thing as ‘detoxing’. In medical terms, it’s a nonsense.
- Two read-worthies from The Book of Life: On News and Kindness (about the current fad of equating mean reporters with good ones), and On Anxiety (positing that we simply are anxious, to our core, in the very basic make-up of our being).
- Climate Change Takes A Village: As The Planet Warms, A Remote Alaskan Town Shows Just How Unprepared We Are.
- Useful: The Easy Way to Set Up “Rich Pins” on Pinterest.
- I may have bought myself something from this Gift Guide for Freelancers.
Things of Note:
I had a surprisingly productive Monday yesterday. I’m not sure if it’s my new dawn simulator lamp/alarm clock (thanks, Mom! *early xmas*) or the amount of sugar I’ve had coursing through my body since the cookie exchange this weekend. I’ll take it either way. I guess I’ll see if it holds through the week, with all of my pre-travel errands and whatnot. Though the cookie stash likely won’t though. My sweet tooth is voracious, y’all. (I hesitated to type y’all because it still seems almost too Texas-y to me, but I do say it occasionally in real life and it sounded better than ‘you guys’ in that instance…. truth in blogging).
In other news, the shop poll from last week is still at a three-way tie, so if you haven’t voted, head on over.
Tell me something going on in your life! Any news or holiday travel plans or words you find weird to type?