- Best cartoon of the week: Strong Bad Returns To Emailing After Years of Silence.
- Best April Fools gimmick: CERN researchers confirm existence of the Force.
- Random funny of the week: Two Medieval Monks Invent Bestiaries.
- Your Life is Boring.
- In Defense of the TBR Pile
- A good take on the kerfluffle over the Hugo nominee list this past weekend.
- 8 Reasons Why Authors Are Assholes
- $50 Code – Less Money, More Headache: on why paying only $50 for custom blog design (or logo, or what have you) is ridiculous.
- Why Saying This Four-Letter Word Can Transform Your Productivity.
- WornOnTV.net – A site that finds where to buy that great dress you saw on your favorite show.
- Newly Developed Liquid Perfume Starts To Smell Good When You Sweat.
- We Should Be Eating Crickets. How changing what we eat is key to managing California’s megadrought.
- Good news: Gay People Now More Favorably Viewed Than Evangelicals Throughout the US.
- Bad news: The coldest place on Earth just got warmer than has ever been recorded.
Things of Note:
This cold will not quit! Normally we like to cook something fancy-ish on Easter, even though we’re not religious at all, just for funsies. But this year I was still wiped out by my cold and we just did leftovers. I’m feeling almost back to normal now, just trying to take it easy and kick the last of this out. We’ve got our engagement photo shoot on Thursday, I need to be healthy!
On the upside, I’ve read like 5 books in the past week, so at least I’m catching up on my reading goal.
How about you? How was your Easter weekend?
Jesus, one year of water left? I knew the drought was bad, obviously, but not THAT bad. And what’s up with almonds being total water hogs? I have no problem eating fewer nuts if the agriculture industry can figure out how to save precious liquid while they grow things. That was very educational.
Yeah, I found the numbers in that article very eye-opening, too.