- Comic of the week: Advice From the Creator of Calvin and Hobbes.
- The “Sharing Economy” Is Dead, And We Killed It.
- Digital dependence is ‘eroding human memory’.
- End of the world plan: scientists to nudge asteroid off course as practice for protecting the Earth.
- When Amazon Dies. What will happen to digital collections of books, movies, and music when the tech giants fall?
- We’re Down to Half the Fish in the Sea. I guess there aren’t plenty after all.
- How To Talk To A Grieving Person.
- The City That Declared War On Obesity.
- Library Extension. If there was ever a browser extension perfect for me, this is it. It lets you see if your local library has a book available when you’re looking at its Amazon or B&N page.
Things of Note:
I am neck-deep in the name change process, and it is a PROCESS, lemme tell ya. You never realize how many places know your full, legal name until you have to change it everywhere. I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, though.
In other fun news, I got summoned for jury duty. But then got excused for ‘hardship’ because I am self-employed and my business would lose/not make money. So that was a fun little rigamarole.
And finally, there is the matter of my 31st birthday coming up THIS FRIDAY. Which how did that happen, time is crazy. No super big plans, just a nice dinner out with friends. We’ve got 2 Halloween parties next weekend, so that’s enough party to be getting on with. Especially as I not only a) convinced Ian we needed costumes but b) found a costume duo he would agree to. Success!
What are you going to get up to for Halloween?