- Wil Wheaton is right: Stop expecting artists to work for free — or worse, for “exposure”.
- Bacon Causes Cancer? Sort of. Not Really. Ish. “Eating bacon is not as bad as smoking when it comes to cancer. Just no. The way WHO classifies cancer-causing substances, on the other hand? Maybe a little dangerous to your mental health.”
- This Man Failed A Paternity Test Due To His Vanished Twin’s DNA. Just so weird.
- You probably have herpes, but that’s really okay. “But the thing about HSV-1 and HSV-2 — the “bad” herpes — is that they’re very poorly understood by the general public, and even by some physicians. So if the headline above seemed shocking or offensive to you, we need to have a little chat. Because if you think that people with HSV are icky deviants covered in oozing sores, you’ve got a lot to learn — and you could very well be ignoring your own HSV status.”
- President Obama says novels taught him how to be a citizen. Hellz yeah.
- Why Self-Driving Cars Must Be Programmed to Kill. “How should the car be programmed to act in the event of an unavoidable accident? Should it minimize the loss of life, even if it means sacrificing the occupants, or should it protect the occupants at all costs?”
- AI tool scours all the science on the web to find new knowledge.
Things of Note:
November! Man, 2015 has really flown by. I can’t tell if it was because of the wedding planning, or just the whole ‘that happens as you get older’ thing or what, but seriously- it went by in a blink.
Halloween was good. We had 2 costume parties to attend, both fun in their own ways. Our first couples costume as married people was as Green Arrow and Felicity Smoak from the TV show Arrow. You can see Instagram proof here. On a related note, I can now advise on the best spray-on temporary hair color if you want to go from brunette to blond for a day. 😀
Other than that, still going through all of the name change rigamarole, and getting the Studio off the ground. Speaking of, if you know a business owner in the lifestyle sector who needs design services (and has a realistic grasp of budget), send them my way?
How was your Halloween? Did you dress up, and if so what as?