- The Italian government is giving teens €500 on their 18th birthday to spend on books. ❤️
- New study finds that men are often their own favorite experts on any given subject. Shocking. *eye roll*
- One of the biggest current trends in science fiction: Trying, and failing, to create the perfect (artificial) woman.
- Human Cells Make Up Only Half Our Bodies.
- How to turn stress and panic into productivity. “Keep Calm and Carry On might work for t-shirts and tote bags, but as advice for real life? It’s about as useful as sticking your head in the sand.”
- You’re Not Supposed to Be Happy All the Time.
- The Troubled-Teen Industry Has Been A Disaster For Decades. It’s Still Not Fixed.
- The University of Chicago makes it clear that students will have to be around and engage with ideas and viewpoints other than those they themselves hold, no matter how uncomfortable that makes them. I’m confused as to why this is even a question? That’s what college is for. One alum digs deeper.
Things of Note:
It’s been a good week, since last TTT. Friends were seen, good food was eaten, potential projects came down the pipeline. This afternoon I’m speaking at a biz conference about being a solopreneur, and getting paid to do so (woot!). The rest of the week is just wrapping up stuff before heading out of town again. The hubs and I are heading to NOLA for a bit of an early anniversary celebration. If you got recs for things to see/do/eat in New Orleans, let me know!
What’s the last vacation you went on?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.