- This week, in everything is a lie: Bob Ross’s Hair Was Actually Straight.
- Why Are So Many Wingsuit BASE Jumpers Dying? “Perhaps the most confounding question, though, is why so many people seem to believe that the unthinkable won’t happen to them.”
- The Pill, the Condom, and the American Dream.
- My Brother’s Pregnancy and the Making of a New American Family.
- Female hurricanes are deadlier than male hurricanes, study says. But more because of gender bias than the storms themselves. “People prepare differently for hurricanes depending on whether the storm has a male or female name. Feminine-named hurricanes cause significantly more deaths, apparently because they lead to a lower perceived risk and consequently less preparedness.”
- Gender bias in academic conference ratings revealed. “Women’s submissions to a leading seminar were viewed more warmly once a gender-blind process was introduced.”
- One Tweet Ends The Argument That Women ‘Ask For It’.
- My Friendship Is Not A Television Sitcom (And That’s OK).
Things of Note:
I am currently soaking up some R&R with my husband in New Orleans, so this post is coming at you via the handy Schedule button from last week. 😉 It’s still a great round-up of links, though, so have a read!
What are you up to this week?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.