- Video of the week: Dug the talking dog from UP in real life.
- Brainy bees learn how to pull strings to get what they want… and then teach other bees.
- The Quest to Make a True Blue (No Artificial Colors) M&M. “This is the most complex technical undertaking that any of us have ever seen in the history of the company.”
- Trying to Solve the L.E.D. Quandary. Is there a workable business model for products that are built to last, rather than to fall apart?
- America the Anxious: Americans are spending a fortune on finding happiness—and becoming less happy in the process.
- National teachers’ union: Trump’s behavior greenlights bullying and bigotry in our schools.
- Girlboss Movement: One Entrepreneur Says It’s Holding Women Back. “We don’t say ‘girl employee’ or ‘girl teacher,’ so why do we need to justify ourselves with this title?”
- Social Menopause: Have You Gone Through the Change? When the things you used to deem fun now just make you tired. Yes, I’m definitely on the far side of this.
- The Economics of Dining as a Couple. This is both hilarious and accurate.
- The mystery of why left-handers are so much rarer.
Things of Note:
I am officially an aunt!!!!!! My new nephew Roak arrived a few hours after last week’s TTT post. I won’t get to meet him in person until the end of this month when I go out to Charleston, but I’m already in love. He’s so cute! And so much a mini-me of my sister. Can’t wait for a side-by-side baby photo comparison. I’m hoping I get to be there over Halloween because BABY COSTUMES. But mostly I just want to snuggle him, and give my sister break time to nap or shower or whatever.
That is by far my biggest and most excellent news of the week. Otherwise it’s been life and work as usual. We’ve been eating some of the freezer meals I mentioned last week, and they have been tasty so far.
What new big exciting things have happened in your life lately?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.