- Spring means growing things! Check out these wildflower seed bombs, and some ways to serve up tasty edible flowers.
- Getting a package in the mail is one of my favorite things, so I’m looking forward to getting my surprise from the Send Something Good gift swap.
- Why Stress Makes You Healthier. Oh really? I should be the epitome of health, then.
- How to Be a Fan of Problematic Things. A very interesting read, because I, too, like things (particularly books and movies) that have some issues.
- Some more good advice (though not necessarily easy): 15 Things You Should Give Up to Be Happy.
- Do smart phones actually make us more lonely, despite being more ‘connected’? This article takes a look.
- Is everyone really entitled to an opinion on your work? Seth Godin takes a look.
- How Las Vegas Missed Out on a Life-sized Starship Enterprise. I know. I’m bummed, too.
This week I’m buried in mountains of page layout for two big projects. That sounds icky, but I actually love it. Big page layout projects (i.e. magazines, books, etc.) are my favorite. So yay that! On a bummer note, it looks like all of my tulip sprouts are dying without actually blooming. 🙁 My daffodils and irises have been blooming fine, no idea what’s going on with the tulips. But it makes me sad. I’m thinking of doing the wildflower seed bombs linked above to fill in the gaping empty spots once I deadhead the tulip bulbs.
Also, the boy is on his way to the airport to pick up his college buddy, whom he hasn’t seen in a few years, I’ve never met, and will be staying with us for a few days. Commence panicked last-minute final house-cleaning. I’m sure he doesn’t care, but I do. I didn’t realize how much my mother had ingrained her “house must be clean for guests” rule until I was having house guests of my own. It’s ingrained. Deeply. I’m about to go mop the kitchen, and sweep off the front stoop, and do dishes.
How’s your week going?