- Photo series of the week: 10 Tree Roots Winning Their Battle Against Concrete. Earthily beautiful.
- Squee of excitement video of the week: the official Outlander trailer (starts Aug. 9 on Starz).
- Thought video of the week: Can Babies Tell Right From Wrong?
- Children Exposed To Religion Have Difficulty Distinguishing Fact From Fiction, Study Finds. Not surprised.
- Not Everyone Is Beautiful. Read before reacting.
- ‘Are you really going to eat that?’ Yes, and it’s nobody else’s business.
- The governor of Ohio tried to live on minimum wage for a week and found in eye-opening.
- Age 30 Is NOT a Deadline. I just have to keep telling myself that.
- World’s Second Richest Man Thinks You Should Only Be Working Three Days a Week. The catch being that you work more years. I’m ok with that, though.
- Why You Should Be Pro Puppy in the Workplace (Hint: Cuteness Isn’t the Only Factor).
- 12 Good Books I Know I’m Never Going to Read. I’m with her on #3. And I’m also never finishing #10.
- Do the French know something about the book business that we Americans don’t?
- If Book Nerds Ran the World. Lol on lots of these. But wouldn’t that be awesome?
- What to do about freelance fail days where everything you do sucks.
- Park encourages visitors to leave cell phones, car keys behind.
- 6 Tech Traps We All Fall Into (And How To Avoid Them)
- Let’s end on a high note: British Rowing Team Blesses The World Again By Stripping Down To Fight Homophobia. Everything about this makes me happy. Also, our rowing team in college did NOT look like that.
Things of Note:
Well, Ian’s work schedule is changing up once again over at Samsung. I think it will be a good change this time. His new hours will be 10am-9pm, so no needing to go to bed early, or get up early – things neither of us like to do. He expects to sleep much better. And since my sleep schedule (as a work-from-homer) by default generally follows his, I hope to sleep better, too. We do have to move our weekly date night to the weekend, since far too many places close at 9pm on weeknights. But overall I think it will be good. We shall see.
Otherwise, it’s still just a whirlwind of craft show prep over here.
What’s new with you this week?