- If, like me, you are addicted to Target, here are things every Target shopper needs to know.
- Create your shipping labels through PayPal even if it wasn’t an Ebay/Etsy sale (I use for my clothing swap stuff). I love this because it lets you choose First Class mail as an option, and automatically includes delivery confirmation. Creating a label through just USPS doesn’t give you the option of First Class, and DC must be paid for.
- Ten Very Good Reasons You Aren’t Married Yet. Good reading for the one other person besides me in blog land who isn’t married.
- On a similar note, a critical look at the cultural belief that If You Don’t Have A Boyfriend, You’re Nothing. A good read. Fav quote: “There are few things more consistently depressing than watching interviews with established, blindingly intelligent and successful women, whose questions are often reduced to a mix of who they’re dating and where they see it going, if they’re not married.”
- Danielle’s very brave and open post about being a non-believer: Are You There God? It’s Me, Danielle. I’m with you on this one.
- How We Died 200 Years Ago, Compared to How We Die Today. It’s not as morbid as it sounds, and actually an interesting comparison.
- On a happier note, 21 Pictures that will Restore Your Faith in Humanity.
- If You’re A Dude On The Internet, You NEED To See This Video. Even if you’re not a dude, this is worth watching.
- 10 things ‘Obamacare’ does for regular Americans. I happen to already have excellent insurance thanks to Ian, but these are still all good things.
- 10 Things They Should Have Taught Us In Sex Ed. Self-explanatory, and not off the mark.
Things of Note:
There are a few new things up in the Dragonflight Dreams shop with more to come this week, and whole boatload of things up in my Shop My Closet. I’m also working on the next design for the shop, which should be ready later this week for the reveal.
I tried to make a buttermilk chess pie over the weekend, and it was a total failure. Having garnered some tips from Twitter peeps, I’m going to try again this coming weekend. Wish me luck.
Apparently there was some miscommunication between me and Ian about whether the walls in our house can be painted by yours truly. I thought all walls were off limits; he just didn’t want me to paint over the one wall in the living room that has the sponge texture because he likes it (also the only wall in our house that isn’t just plain white). Ensue instant home decorating brain frenzy.