- I feel that this should be required reading for life: The Busy Trap.
- Seth Godin’s list for How to Live Happily with a Great Designer. Oh. My. GOODNESS, this list is spot-on and excellent.
- Why Are American Kids So Spoiled? And let’s face it, they really, really are.
- Top 10 Myths About Introverts. YES, EXACTLY! Fav point: “Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down.” – this is me!
- Mia has a very cool tutorial on how to make your own mint jeans. If I didn’t already own a pair, I’d be trying this out stat.
- Possibly the coolest anniversary present (prank?) ever.
- Have you ever wondered what the mystery flavors of Dum Dums suckers actually are? I always thought it was just regular flavors in mystery wrappers. Wrong.
- A neat new photo app that makes your pics look like painted watercolors. Check out Popsicolor. Sadly, it is not free, but still only $0.99. Some of my watercolorized photos:
Things of Note:
Having a bit of a blah week. My energy is just not what it should be, and it’s been hard to focus. We’ve also been having lots of storms lately, which is great for rain, but the puppy does not appreciate as she’s scared of thunder. That has meant a lot of sitting on the floor with her for extended periods of time for comfort, which has somehow resulted in my hip hurting the past two days. Last night’s storm also blew our power out for about 6 hours, so we went to bed without A/C (though luckily it came on during the night). I’m also feeling a bit overwhelmed with certain work projects, which is never a feeling I enjoy. So yeah. Overall just blah. Which is completely unrelated to the fact that it’s that time of the month. Complete coincidence.
On the upside, I’m hosting a movie night this weekend which I’m excited about. We are delving into some Old Hollywood favorites of mine, and I already have the menu (such as it is) planned. The blahs should be gone by then.