- Fun video of the week: You’ve probably all seen the Gangnam Style music video that’s been making the rounds of the internet world. Well, a little while ago Samsung (a Korean-based company, remember) had an internal team-building competition to see which Samsung branch could make the best parody video of that Korean pop song. The one Ian works at here in Austin got 2nd place. Go see this craziness here. (Ian, sadly, does not appear in the video)
- Things You Stop Caring About After You’ve Fallen In Love
- Why You Should Be Picky. Good points from Manda Rave.
- What ‘Ethnic’ Tribal Prints are Really Called.
- 5 Things Only You are Judging Yourself About. Truth.
- For the writer peeps: Please, Please, Please, Give Your Protag Friends, a Sibling, Parents. I agree.
- California Bans Gay-Converion Therapy. Here’s hoping the rest of the country follows suit.
- Amazing photos using a deceptively simple setup: Candy & Wet Glass.
- 11 Ways to Be a Minimally Decent Person. Yes, this.
- The Moral Case for Sex Before Marriage. A great read, found via Caitlin.
- I’m Just Not A Morning Person, And Society Won’t Stop Punishing Me. Yup.
- My latest Fav Shop find on Etsy: Studio Botanica.
Things of Note:
Not too much to report here. We had a pretty low-key weekend, but in a good way. I’m still printing new things for the shop, and doing my freelance work, and counting down to my birthday.
Also, Nessa nominated me for an Inspiring Blog Award (thanks chica!), and the award came with some questions for me to answer. Here you go:
What clothing item makes you feel at your best? Probably my VS Love skinny jeans, because they just fit so well and are really comfy and look great.
When are you most energetic: morning/noon/evening? Afternoon and evening definitely, I am not a morning person.
Time to kick back and relax! What’s your pick-me-up food/drink? SunChips or Cheez-its, and a smoothie.
Your favorite kind of chocolate? Dark chocolate. I love the little Dove chocolates.
To follow that up, what’s your favorite pastime? Reading, easily. I’m a total bookworm.
What sound do you love? Light rain, or the ocean.
If you could pack your bags and leave right now, what country or city would you go to? Back to Australia! If it were summer here in the northern hemisphere, I’d say Ireland.
There’s an album called “soundtrack to your life”. What songs have to be on it? I don’t know. This would be constantly changing. Lots of soulful guitar and piano and great lyrics and great vocals.
Do you have any bad habits? Yes.
What’s one habit that others do that you absolutely can’t stand? Bad drivers (not using a turn signal, cutting people off, etc.)