I know, I usually do these on Tuesday. But tomorrow is Christmas, and I’m scheduling this post ahead of time as it is. So, Monday Treasure Trove it is.
- How to Give Great Gifts. For you last-minute shoppers. 😉
- 27 Science Fictions That Became Science Facts In 2012. This is so cool.
- 26 Moments That Restored Our Faith In Humanity This Year.
- Scientists plan test to see if the entire universe is a simulation created by futuristic supercomputers. Are we living in the Matrix?
- Creativity Happens When You Least Expect It. Turns out the time you are most awake is not necessarily the time you are most creative.
- Luckiest owl ever survives head-on collision with pickup truck. This just made me smile.
- How To Juggle A Blog + A Freelance Career + A Day Job + Life.
- Baltimore Feminists Prank Victoria’s Secret. I actually saw this when it was happening and thought it was legit. A bit disappointed that it’s not.
- 56 Things to Do Instead of Spending Money.
- 6 Harsh Truths that Will Make You a Better Person. (via Caitlin). Agreed: harsh but true.
- This recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala from Sophie looks amazing.
Things of Note
I am busy playing hostess for Christmas, so all of the posts between last Fri-coming Wed are scheduled. So I don’t have much ‘current’ news. I do know we’re making tamales for dinner tonight, then some unpronounceable Swedish thing for breakfast tomorrow, and then some uber yummy pastitsio (Greek lasagna) for dinner tomorrow. And we will be watching White Christmas at some point, because it’s my favorite. And I’m a bit impatient, because Ian’s family waits til actual Christmas morning to open presents, whereas my family opens them on Christmas Eve, but we’re with his family so I have to wait! Haha. But I’ve already gotten one, because my mom sent me a dress form (yay!!!) a few weeks ago as an early Christmas present, so I guess that’ll hold me over. 😀
I hope you all have wonderful Christmases/Hanukkahs/Holidays!