- Video of the week: Lessons in Trust from a Dog and a Cat. Watch the whole thing.
- Amie brought up an ongoing issue last week: Get Real: Graphic Design, Trademark Infringement & Art Prints. Some other reads on this subject: lawyers chime in, and Copyright vs. Trademark vs. Patent. Definitely some legal issues to consider if you’re selling a product with someone else’s quote on it.
- How Dennis Tito could send humans to Mars and back by 2020.
- Two great posts from Sarah: 3 Blog Post Ideas You Might Not Have Thought Of, and Things That Are Simultaneously Reassuring + Depressing: Life Is A Numbers Game.
- This is addictive: Swatch you doing?
- The Secret to Connecting with People.
- The Terrible Tragedy of the Healthy Eater. This made me laugh.
- The Record Books: if best-selling albums had been books instead.
- 10 Reasons I’m Okay With Being Mainstream.
- This Awesome Urn Will Turn You into a Tree After You Die. Eventual remains disposal: decided.
- Stop Apologizing for What You Like to Read.
- Classic Sci-Fi Films Represented as Multicolored Barcodes. Individual frames from each film are compressed into thin digital strips and compiled into barcode-like sequences, giving us a sense of how the color palette changes across a film. Very neat.
- Love in the Age of Data: How One Woman Hacked Her Way to Happily Ever After. This is way more effort than I ever put into online dating, but super interesting nonetheless.
- 10 Things Everyone Hates About Sex.
- Etsy shop owners, have you seen this? They finally improved coupon code functionality.
Things of Note:
Good week going on here, nothing too noteworthy as of yet. But! If you’re in the Central Texas area, or will be in Austin for SXSW, you should check out the Texas Style Council mixers. The full blogger conference will be later this year, but they’re still doing some fun (and free!) events during SXSW for female bloggers (not just fashion bloggers!) and their female blog readers. Check it out:
They are free, but RSVP’s are required so they know how many people to expect. You can RSVP here. I’ll be going to the Saturday and Sunday events myself. I’d love to meet you if you’re also going!