- Video of the week: Illegal.
- The Brains of the Animal Kingdom. New research shows that we have grossly underestimated both the scope and the scale of animal intelligence.
- And in other animal/science news, this bombshell: Scientists Want to Bring Some Animals Back from Extinction.
- Oops, I Accidentally Wasted My Entire 20s (And I Feel Fine). “Perhaps you’ve just read one of the recent, seemingly endless stream of articles and books about how difficult it is to get a handle on anything in your twenties, and how you are kind of, sort of, irrevocably fucked if you don’t completely figure out your life by age 29 ½. I feel compelled to note that this is not true.”
- On Understanding Men: 9 Things Wives Will Never Get About Their Husbands.
- Let’s Ban the “Thanks” Email. I second this motion.
- Why Can Some Kids Handle Pressure While Others Fall Apart?
- So you’re tired of hearing about “rape culture”?
- The Day I Taught How Not to Rape. We need more teachers like this.
- If someone makes you feel unsafe, forget about politeness and protect yourself.
- The Retro Wife Opts Out: What Has Changed, And What Still Needs To.
- English Lessons: The Death of Poetry? I agree with the author that if your only exposure to poetry is in school where you have to over-analyze it to death, you haven’t been given a chance to truly enjoy it.
- 15 Things That Make Us Paranoid… Or Is It Just Me? Crap, It’s Probably Just Me. Right there with you on #1, buddy.
- White Lies We Should Stop Telling Each Other
Things of Note:
Crazy times. Those two huge projects I mentioned yesterday that both suddenly have to be done this week? Stressing me out. Hence why this post is so late today; I usually like to get them out in the morning, but that wasn’t happening. I’m also behind on my blog reading and comment answering, so if you said something really nice and I haven’t responded yet, I’m sorry. I will get to it. On the upside, I do get a break this evening, out to coffee with some fellow Austin blogettes. Should be fun. 🙂
How’s your week going?