- Awesome video of the week: Ashton Kutcher gives a great speech at the Teen Choice Awards. No, really.
- Cute video of the week: an adorable little dog plays fetch with himself.
- What If Your Favorite Disney Princesses Had Instagram? Too funny.
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need to Work Productively?
- Yikes. That 2012 Bundle Of Joy Will Cost You $241,080 To Raise.
- Area 51 Officially Acknowledged by the CIA.
- The Pursuit of Unhappiness
- Can Good Graphic Design Help The Homeless?
- Do villains have to commit “taboo” acts for us to hate them?
- A good read about snobbery in the book world: I do not like the thing that you like, and that is okay. “If you’re the kind of person who kills the joy that someone else finds in entertainment because it’s not up to your standards, you’re a fucking jerk.”
- Why Women Aren’t Crazy. An older one that I think I’ve shared before, but still really good.
- Of course all men don’t hate women. But all men must know they benefit from sexism. Another good read.
- Why I Hate ‘Strong Female Characters’ – inflammatory title, but interesting article.
- This quote from Conan O’Brien: “According to a new study, most men would like women to occasionally pick up the check. The study also found that most women would occasionally like to be paid as much as men for doing the same job.”
- And also this quote.
- And finally, this just made me happy: Sansa Stark Adopted Her Dire Wolf in Real Life.
Things of Note:
Whew, long list. What can I say, the internet giveth plenty this week. 🙂
So, let’s see, what’s new with me? I’m still working my way through 30 Day Shred. And actually kind of liking it, which is all sorts of weird for non-workout-liking me. Had a fun movie night with friends over the weekend, and also checked out Austin’s Ice Cream Festival. Which had a much higher ratio of non-ice-cream-related booths to ice cream booths than I was expecting, but we still got plenty of yummy treats. Work is going well, sent off a big project last week, and am working on a book cover this week – my favorite! I’ve also solidified holiday plans with my family, and we’ll all be congregating at a lovely rental house in Florida for Christmas, pretty pumped about that. Today my plan is work, and a yummy crock pot recipe, and cleaning out/going through my closet. Exciting times over here, haha.
How are things going in your world?