- Art series of the week: Disney Princes strip down. Too hilarious.
- This animated gif is also pretty amazing.
- I can’t decide if this is an awesome idea or not: Coin. Would vendors actually take it if it doesn’t have a Visa/MC/whatever logo?
- This Lie-Detecting Throat Tattoo Is Google’s Creepiest Patent Yet
- Australia does something with QR codes that doesn’t suck. This is actually pretty cool, and I generally hate QR codes.
- Do you love YA? Oblong Books has a subscription box for you.
- These mini pot pies look delicious.
- Do you have a Gadget Sickness?
- The 8 Clear Signs of a Workplace Culture of Fear.
- On Doubt, Talent, Failure, And Quitting. “Discipline and devotion and skill are a trio that overwhelms any presumed talent any day of the week. You can be as talented as you want, but you still need to sit down, learn your craft and then demonstrate it. Over and over again. If – if! — talent is a real thing, the best that it gets you is that it cuts down the time it takes for you to get to a qualified end result.”
Things of Note:
I’m in waiting mode with a lot of work stuff right now (waiting for feedback, waiting to hear if I got a project, waiting for paychecks), so I’m puttering around the house doing other stuff. Yesterday I ran errands and made banana bread. Today I’m doing laundry and giving the dog a bath and doing screen printy stuff. Tomorrow is slated for accounting and house cleaning stuff. Fun and exciting times over here. Woo.
What are you up to today?