- The poll and survey for the 43rd annual Locus Awards is live. Sci-fi/fantasy/horror/YA fans, go vote!
- Related to the above: Why optimistic science fiction is dead and Worldbuilding: It’s More Than a Pretty Map.
- Want to strengthen your brain or appeal to consumers? Try stories.
- The Answer to Affordable Housing Could Lie Within a 3D Printer. Researchers from the University of Southern California created a 3D printer that can build a 2,500 square-foot house in 24 hours – !!!
- If I Can’t Accept You at Your Worst, Then Maybe You Should Stop Being So Horrible. Yes, thank you! I’ve always thought that ‘If you can’t accept me at my worst, then you don’t deserve me at my best’ quote was bullshit.
- The Older Mind May Just Be a Fuller Mind, not a slower one.
- You Always Have a Choice. “It’s easy to get bogged down by what you think you need to do to succeed […] When you allow others’ previous success to guide your actions, you ignore the insanely creative voice inside your own head.”
- What speed do you read? I got 412 words per minute.
Things of Note:
Project: Paint Walls started this past weekend. And while there may have been hand cramps and blisters involved, the master bedroom and master bathroom are almost done – hurray! And they’re looking good, I might add. But then I had to go and slip on the stairs yesterday morning, landing on my back and turning into one giant bruise. So all that painting I’d planned to get done this week is on hold for the moment because moving certain ways can be tricky. I did go to the doc and x-rays show no fractures on my ribs or anything (I landed somewhat to one side), so that’s good. But it’s still summed up in one word: OW! Between that and the painting frenzy, my body has had a rough couple of days.
How are things where you are? Less injurious, I hope.