- If you only read one thing on this list, read this one: Why you’re (probably) not a great communicator.
- Reading as a Kind of Meditation. This is very true for me. I sink into books.
- We’re Losing all our Strong Female Characters to Trinity Syndrome.
- The 15 Punctuation Marks – in order of how much they do and how hard they should be to learn.
- Rejected Princesses. Princesses too awesome, awful, or offbeat to get their own animated movies.
- Have Babies, Keep Reading. One mom (of twins) take on reading after kids: “I’ve come to this conclusion: the idea that you can’t find time to read once you have children is bullshit if reading is a big priority to you, your kids are healthy, and you have a partner to help you. And it’s mostly sexist bullshit.”
- Give This Number to the Dude Who Won’t Leave You Alone. Brilliant in a way, but I think those responses will be lost on most guys that women would need to use this on.
- For those who think climate change/global warming isn’t real, a wake-up call: We’ve Now Lost So Much Arctic Ice That We Have to Change Our Atlases. “National Geographic has said their updated maps will feature a much smaller ice sheet, in what they’re calling the most visible change to the atlas since the break up of the U.S.S.R.”
- Interchangeable vs. Irreplaceable – one self-employed person’s take on reducing needless interruptions. I’m with him 100% on this.
- Freelancing is not just some boutique way of working. It’s now the go-to way to live. The numbers prove it.
Things of Note:
Yesterday, the internet in our house decided to inexplicably stop working, so I lost most of my morning trying to remedy that. All of the modem and router and computer restarts in the world didn’t help, nor did a tech support call. Instead, it just randomly started working again about an hour after I had given up. I remain baffled but am glad I was able to actually start my day and get work done. Technology be crazy!
This week I’ve got coffee with some gal pals, and a professional networking thing, and (hopefully!) some gardening to get done as I’ve finally planned out and ordered the plants for the front flower beds. It remains to be seen when they will actually arrived. We’re hosting a brunch in about 2 weeks, I’d love to have it done by then, but we’ll see. I’ve also got a stack of art prints that I need to trim and photograph for the shop, that’s also on the to-do list.
What are you up to this week?