- Cute video of the week: Snoring hummingbird.
- Art series of the week: Women Characters Redesigned by Women SFF Artists. Princess Peach is my favorite.
- Photo series of the week: 15 Photos Of People From All Over The World Next To How Much Food They Eat Per Day.
- Perchance to Dream: LARPing Hamlet at Castle Elsinore.
- 21 Things You Didn’t Know Your iPhone Can Do. I legit did not know some of these.
- Ask Auntie MJ: How Do I Human? Good advice, tongue-in-cheek setup aside.
- Fox Mulder and the Problem of the Romantic Conspiracy Theorist.
- Ivy League For Free: What One Man Learned By Crashing Elite Colleges For 4 Years.
- The Bruised Woman on This Billboard Heals Faster as More Passersby Look at Her. Facial recognition technology used to fight domestic violence.
- Related, and both good: 31 Times Celebrities Gave The Best Damn Responses To Sexist Questions, and 12 Women Who Had the Perfect Response to Sexist Questions.
- GORGEOUS: This Majestic Cathedral Is Made Entirely Of Living, Breathing Trees.
- Over on the business site: a new design package just for authors, and my latest Cover Reimagined.
Things of Note:
Despite my best efforts, ye olde blog is definitely falling by the wayside in light of wedding planning, business coach stuff, and actual work. I’m still trying to get better about this, but it’s a work in progress. Forgive this day-late post.
In other news, I’ve officially ordered my wedding dress (!!!!!!) and our Save the Dates came in the mail yesterday. Now I just need the boy to rustle up the last few addresses for some of his guests and those will get sent out. This afternoon I have an appointment with a florist, which I think is the last major vendor we need to secure. Maybe there will be some breathing room after that. Fingers crossed?
What’s keeping you busy these days?