- Exploding The Nuclear Family. “Artificially conceived children do absolutely fine; the absence of a father or a mother doesn’t spell disaster for the children; the kids of gay and lesbian parents do no worse than those from more traditional families.”
- These Superhumans Are Real and Their DNA Could Be Worth Billions. ‘Superhumans’ might be an exaggeration, I’m not sure the feels-no-pain thing is a benefit. That bone thing, though…
- How Sleep Resets The Brain’s ‘Emotional Compass’.
- A world without advice. What if all advice just stopped existing? What would happen? Would we be better or worse for it?
- No, It’s Not Your Opinion. You’re Just Wrong. Great read on the difference between a personal opinion and a verifiable fact. “Eventually you are going to venture out into the world and find that what you thought was an informed opinion was actually just a tiny thought based on little data and your feelings. Many, many, many of your opinions will turn out to be uninformed or just flat out wrong.”
- Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway— With Me in It. Highly disturbing. Glad I didn’t buy a Chrysler.
- Europe to America: Your love of air-conditioning is stupid. Yes, well come visit our 100+ degree summer days here in Austin and tell me A/C is stupid.
- Shopping Local: A Matter of Can’t, Not Won’t.
- This week, in random but awesome: Italian Sculptor Carves an Impressive Dragon Head from a Watermelon, and 100 Years Of Aliens On Film, In 3 Minutes.
Things of Note:
No notes this week, really. Business as usual and just minor steps in the remaining wedding stuff. So:
Tell me something awesome that happened to you recently!