- Fleeting Wonders: Be A Crew Member On A Modern-Day Viking Ship. Is it weird that I’m intrigued by this?
- Why are so many artificial intelligence apps female?
- Photographer Spends 20 Years Documenting How We All Dress Exactly Alike.
- If you ever wondered how the kid from Home Alone dealt with residual trauma… Macaulay Culkin Just Revealed What Kevin McCallister Is Actually Like Today.
- One out of 122 humans today has been forced to flee their home, U.N. says. This would be the equivalent of about 7.5 New York Cities being completely emptied of their population.
- Your Guide to Reading the World. A map recommending a book from every country in the world. Very cool.
- Let’s end on a high note: The Year of Good Things. Slate tracked signs of progress in 2015, stories that made us feel grateful, optimistic, inspired, or awed.
Things of Note:
This Christmas is gearing up to be weird. Good weird, but still weird. It’s our first Christmas as a married couple, and we are neither traveling anywhere nor hosting anyone. It’ll be just me, the hubs, and the dog. In other words, the first Christmas where neither of us has spent it with our families, on either side. That’s not a bad thing per se; married life brings some change and this is our new official family, after all. But we’re having to plan things like Christmas dinner and which traditions we want to do, where before that was dictated by whichever side of the family we were with. So it’ll take a little adjustment. But overall it’s looking to be a nice, relaxing Christmas. Though it’s also looking to be 75 degrees out, so a white Christmas it will not be. 😀
What are your plans for Christmas? Any special traditions with your family?