- Mind-blowing video of the week: World’s Fastest Rubik’s Cube Solving Robot.
- Funny video of the week: Korean Girls Try American Barbecue for the First Time. I was not nearly as enthusiastic when I had Korean BBQ for the first time.
- New York Is Going to Turn Off Niagara Falls.
- Earth is actually two planets, scientists conclude.
- The Neurologist Who Hacked His Brain—And Almost Lost His Mind. This is actually really sad.
- What does laughter look like when you write it out in musical notation?
- Stop Erasing Women From Tech History
- When I Quit Cutting My Hair, I Learned How Men Treat Women On American Roads.
- The 14 Biggest Assholes On Your Facebook Feed. Lol! But true.
- The Downside of Being Competent. “When the shit does hit the fan, people will tend to look to the most competent person in the room to take over. And too bad for that person. […] experiment found that participants not only assigned more tasks to the go-getters—but underestimated how much work it would take to get the job done.” Pretty sure my husband has this issue at work.
- You Don’t Need More Free Time. “Our free time, in order to be satisfying, often must align with that of our friends and loved ones. We face a problem, in other words, of coordination. Work-life balance is not something that you can solve on your own.” Truth.
Things of Note:
February. Already. Right?! That came up quick. What’s happening this month, let’s see. Valentine’s Day, obvs, for which I am lobbying to see Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, figuring it will meet both mine and my husband’s movie criteria. A good friend’s baby is due on Leap Day, super fun. Not a whole lot else on the books just yet, other than business and blogging as normal.
How’s your February shaping up? Lots on your plate?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.