- Video of the week: The World’s Biggest Asshole. This did not go the direction I thought it would. A+ though.
- Babies on planes: stop saying sorry. I am with the author on this. Parents don’t need more work, they need the general public to be less judge-y.
- Reading Makes You Carsick Because Your Brain Thinks It’s Being Poisoned. The brain is a weird, wonderful thing. I do not have this problem reading in cars, thankfully.
- Talking Dirt with Dirty Harry. The managing editor of the internet sets Trump-supporter Clint Eastwood straight on a few things. “While political correctness is bad, if you stand up to overt racism, prejudice, misogyny, or xenophobic nationalism, you’re not a pussy. You’re an American.”
- I Was One of the Most Ardent Hillary Haters on the Planet…Until I Read Her Emails. “I read every single one of the emails released in August, and what I found was someone who actually gave a damn about the country, the Democratic party, and all of our futures.”
- Pulp Friction: If Barnes & Noble goes out of business, it’ll be a disaster for book lovers. 🙁
- Why do we fantasise about talking to animals?
Things of Note:
Today is the SEVEN YEAR anniversary of the day Ian and I met. That is a long time. And awesome. Per usual, we’ll marking the occasion by attending a baseball game (read why). It’s going to be 100+ degrees out, so, you know… fun times. But damned if we’re going to break with tradition now!
In other news, I gave a presentation about book cover design to a group of local indie authors this past weekend. I didn’t collapse from nervousness or flub it, so I’m considering it a win. Also, I dragged my friend Jackie to Pilates with me, and she liked it and is now my workout buddy, and suddenly I’m a person who goes to fitness classes 3x per week? Not a place I ever thought I’d be, but it’s a good thing.
Next week TTT will be scheduled and coming at you from Kentucky, as me and the hubs are going to visit his parents. On a farm. In the middle of Amish country. Said parents are not themselves Amish and have internet, so all will be well. We’re taking Sienna, and she’ll get to frolic like a farm dog and meet some neighborhood horses and such. Should be good times!
What have you got coming up this week? Any last vacations before summer comes to a close?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.