1. I don’t really get the deal with holiday decorations. A Christmas tree, ok, yes, I subscribe to that tradition and like it. Maybe even some lights outside if I’m feeling really motivated. But covering the entire house and trees and roof? Big, inflatable, music-playing cats or snowmen or whatever as some of my neighbors do for every holiday possible out in their yards? No. I think it’s silly, tacky, and a waste of money.
2. I also don’t get some of the DIY projects that people seem to think are amazing on Pinterest or the blogosphere. I don’t want my house to look like a Girl Scout craft night gone bad. I don’t want my home decor to be made of popsicle sticks and yarn and mason jars. I like things that, even if they are handcrafted, look professional and well-made. Not slapped together with a glue gun. I’m also skeptical of DIY facial scrubs or lotions or whatnot. These people aren’t dermatologists, and in fact have no idea if the thing they’re concocting is safe, or will do what they claim.
3. I may have possibly been converted to the coffee drinker club with the introduction of a Keurig in our household (my bday gift from Ian). BUT only on the margins. A vanilla flavored cappuccino is as far as I’m willing to go as yet. Otherwise I’ll stick to my chai tea lattes, hot cocoas, and spiced ciders.
4. This is going to cause an uproar, but I actually don’t mind Captchas. I don’t find them particularly difficult to read, and rarely have to hit the button that gives you a new one. Would it be quicker to leave a comment without that step? Sure. But it’s not really a huge inconvenience for me.
5. Occasionally I have dreams where dream-Ian does something that really upsets or hurts me, and sometimes when I wake up I have a hard time not being mad at him for it.
6. I’m already failing at one of my 29 Before 29 goals. I’m supposed to be doing NaNoWriMo, but haven’t felt like I have the time or energy the past few days. I might do my own private NaNoWriMo in a different month to make up for it.