- Photo series of the week: Photographer Reveals the Lonely Side of Superheroes.
- Video of the week: How Frozen Should Have Ended. YES.
- Atheists have higher IQs. “Researchers found that those with high IQs had greater self-control and were able to do more for themselves – so did not need the benefits that religion provides.”
- Two great posts on the #YesAllWomen phenomenon: #YesAllWomen and Not All Men, But Still Too Many Men.
- Compliments That Aren’t About Physical Appearance.
- N.K. Jemisin’s Guest of Honor Speech at WisCon, all about race and gender issues in the SFF community and the world at large.
- Why You Should Redesign Your Office for Introverts.
- 4 smoothie recipes for healthy, busy freelancers. I need to try some of these.
- A great post from Sarah at Yes & Yes about ‘self-love‘: what does it even mean and is there a ‘wrong’ way to do it.
Things of Note:
We had a lazy Memorial Day weekend. Well, partially. The boy was on call and his pager kept going off, so that marred the relaxation somewhat. But we had an awesome home-cooked Filipino dinner at one of his co-workers’ houses. And book club was fun (as always) and I finally got to try the gelato place I’ve been hearing so much about. The back patio revamp is also almost done, just waiting for the new patio table and chairs to be delivered, and then you’ll get a gobbet of pictures. 🙂
In other news, my three year blogiversary (and shopiversary) is this coming Sunday. And it kind of snuck up on me, which means I’m scrambling to find something to do to celebrate and share with you guys. Right now, I’m thinking book giveaway. I assume if you come to this little ol’ blog, you too love books and stories. But then I have the problem of trying to choose which books to give away. Either way, stay tuned later this week to see what I come up with! And check out yesterday’s post about the new customer gallery for the shop.
How was your weekend?