- Video of the week: the quickest, no-mess way to separate egg whites from yolks.
- Art series of the week: 18 Empowering Illustrations to Remind Everyone Who’s Really in Charge of Women’s Bodies.
- Pick the Pit. So you think you know what a pit bull is?
- How To Tell A Loved One Their Favourite Book Sucks. I have yet to finish the boy’s favorite book, but I have a feeling this will be needed.
- 21 Jokes So Clever You Probably Won’t Understand Them. There are some good ones in there.
- How to Become a Better Reader. Worth it, because apparently reading an engrossing book to yourself for as little as six minutes reduces stress by 60 percent.
- Ask a Sex Therapist: 6 Reasons You’re Not Getting What You Want. Yes, it’s about sex, but more so about communication.
- What Really Happens When You Delete an Email.
Things of Note:
Not much this week, as I spent most of last week working on the patio instead of browsing the internet for links. 🙂 This week, I’m back to focusing on regular work, and printing a lot of stuff for the upcoming craft show. I did sit down over the weekend and get most of the stuff I need for my booth display in order, so now I just need to focus on printing. I’m also taking a little break from house projects this week, but next week I’m going to tackle the fridge with stainless steel paint. Mwahahahaha.
What are you up to this week?
aww that must be so sad to have to tell a loved one their favorite book sucks… my husband doesn’t read much at all, but he does play a lot of games on his phone that he tells me to play and although he loves them and says they are a lot of fun, they are pretty lame to me lol I just lie and tell him they are fun though 😛
This Friday, if the weather permits, my husband and I will be going to the park to watch a movie! 🙂
Good luck with the upcoming craft fair!!
I haven’t finished it yet (Atlas Shrugged) so I haven’t had to tell him I really don’t like it. It may, in fact, remain unfinished indefinitely. 😀
Thanks, and have fun movie-watching at the park!
Hoo boy, I could’ve used that “How To Tell A Loved One…” article a few years ago. My mom was convinced that I would just LOVE the Outlander books, so I agreed to give the first one a try when I was on a trip. UGH. It was so bad, and of course she was all up in my face about what I thought. I eventually had to flat out say I didn’t like it just so she would leave me alone!
Haha, oh man, kind of afraid to admit I liked the Outlander series. To be fair, I have no recollection if the writing was good on the technical side of things (wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t), but the story hooked me.