This an easy and tasty recipe sure to please kids and grown-ups alike. Bonus: it’s equally as good as warmed-up leftovers.
Alfredo Chicken & Biscuits
- 2 c. cubed chicken, cooked
- 2 c. chopped broccoli*
- 1.5 c. diced carrots*
- 1 c. chopped onion*
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar of alfredo sauce (15oz.)
- 1 c. baking mix
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1/4 tsp. dill weed
*You don’t actually have to be this precise with the veggie amounts; I never actually measure by cups, I just kind of eyeball it. Imprecision: the beauty of casseroles. 🙂
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Saute the veggies in oil in a skillet until tender. If chicken is not already cooked, brown it in a separate skillet.
- Add chicken and alfredo sauce to the veggies, and warm through.
- Transfer mixture to a greased baking dish (I use a 9×13)
- Combine the baking mix, dill weed and milk. Drop by spoonfuls onto the chicken mix.
- Bake uncovered for 18-22 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.