1. My shop has been accepted into Etsy’s TAG Treasury Team… and it is intense, you guys. They have, like, rules and schedules for treasury-making and cross-promotion. But they are also a genuinely friendly and welcoming bunch. And I’ve seen views and favorites in my shop skyrocket, so that’s a plus. It can only be good for possible sales. I’ve only been a member for about a week, so we’ll see how it goes over time.
2. One of my favorite contemporary composers is Philip Glass (discovered through Battlestar Galactica, how’s that for nerding it up?). And I found out last week that Ballet Austin has created a new composer-centered show around his music. And I’m pumped about. I have my ticket, and though the boy is uninterested, some local blog lady friends are going to go with me, and it’s going to be awesome. I haven’t been to the ballet in years, but it will be worth it just to hear Glass’ music played by a real live orchestra.
3. I’ve got paint colors for several rooms picked out and approved by the boy. I’ve even measured walls and figured out how much paint we’ll need for those rooms. Now to just actually buy the paint (waiting for paycheck), move furniture, and go to town. I’m probably most excited about our master bedroom, because I got new bedding to go with the new wall color and have been making fabric-wrapped shoebox art for the walls in coordinating colors. There will be a gallery wall. And a before/after post, so stay tuned!
4. All of the made-to-order v-neck women’s shirts are back in stock in the shop, so if you’ve been eyeing one, now’s a good time to pick it up! Don’t forget, starting this month 10% of all sales goes to charity.
5. I’ve signed up for the NYC Midnight Short Story Challenge again (I did pretty good last year), and the first round is in a little less than 2 weeks. Wish me luck? Fellow writers, care to join in?
How are things where you are? What’s new in your life?