- 25 Gifts for Writers. Funny but also with some good ideas.
- 22 Things People Need To Chill Out About.
- Why You Should Treat Your Freelance Portfolio Like a Stock Portfolio. Good advice.
- What to write in a Christmas card besides your name – also really good advice.
- A 2 Step Plan For Getting What You Want. Even more great advice, from the indomitable Sarah.
- The Science of Picky Eating.
- When Books Could Change Your Life: Why What We Pore Over At 12 May Be The Most Important Reading We Ever Do. Good article.
- Scientists claim that homosexuality is not genetic — but it does start in the womb.
- 16 Essential Things When You’re Becoming An Adult.
- People you should meet: Madison and Kayleigh.
Things of Note:
I was nominated once again for the Leibster award by the lovely Vanessa, so I though I’d answer her questions for me here.
- If you could have any fictional character as your best friend, who would you choose? Tough one. Probably Harry Dresden or Phèdre no Delaunay.
- What beauty product would you be lost without? Mascara.
- What is your favourite flower? Frangipani! Or colorful lilies. Or roses.
- What song would you choose as your personal theme music? Meh. Most of the songs I love wouldn’t be appropriate for theme music.
- What was your favourite childhood toy? My mom and aunt built me a dollhouse for my birthday when I was in 1st or 2nd grade. It had wood walls and real mini carpet and tile, and even electrical wiring so it had working mini lights. It was awesome! It’s still in a closet in my mom’s house, awaiting my future possible daughter.
- What is your pet peeve? WAY too many to list here, but probably number 1 is bad/unsafe drivers.
- How do you cheer yourself up after a bad day? Hot chocolate, some salty or sweet munchies, a hug from Ian, some cuddles with Sienna, and a good book.
- If you could re-claim any item you’ve thrown away over the years, what would it be? Ooh, I don’t know. I like this question but I can’t think of anything!
- What is the best costume you’ve ever worn? when I dressed up as Phèdre from the Kushiel book series.
- What is your silliest irrational fear? Probably that people/neighbors are spying on us when the lights are left on & blinds open when it’s dark outside. They can see in, but we can’t see out!
- If you could have any super power, what would it be? Teleportation.
Otherwise, this week is work as normal, more screenprinting, Ian working the late shift again so I’m on my own evenings, etc. But I’m being über productive all around, so it’s a good week so far.
How’s your week going?