Ok. Truth? Sometimes I am just too hungry to bother taking a crap-ton of photos of whatever we’re cooking. And/or checking to make sure what few photos I take are actually decent. But sometimes the food results are just so yummy I have to share despite that. This is such a case. I’m not huge on drinking beer, but cooking with it? Yes, please. It does tasty wonders for meaty things. These are particularly great because they have actual veggies worked into the burger itself.
Dark Ale & Dill Burgers
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup diced/shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup diced/shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced garlic (~ 12 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dark ale
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Your chosen hamburger buns & toppings
- Pre-heat large heavy skillet on the stove.
- Combine everything in a large bowl. Mix by hand. Shape into 4 patties.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, for 8–10 minutes, or until meat thermometer at center reads 160F (medium done-ness). Flip once partway through.
- Serve on buns and top as desired. Enjoy.