- This dog can do parkour (run parkour? perform parkour? what is the correct terminology here?) and it is adorable and awesome to watch.
- Sarah has some really good advice here: 33 Things I’ve Learned in 33 Years and here: How to Do Things By Yourself (and Actually Enjoy Them).
- I would not object if the US did this as well: Australian Court Bans Logos on Cigarette Packs.
- A thought-provoking (and possibly angry-making) read about the gradual criminalization of public photography.
- The Geek Zodiac. What’s your sign? I’m a Robot.
- Caitlin’s great post about body policing.
- If the parkour dog wasn’t enough, how about this for your daily overdose of cute? Kangaroo & Wombat are Inseparable Friends.
- Amanda Palmer responds to a critic’s claims that real feminists don’t gaze at males.
- Gina’s Handmade 101 series is excellent, and this most recent post in the series is particularly spot-on.
- Love this quote from Melissa about why she cares about fashion: “We do have to leave the house in clothes that cover our bits, don’t we, so we may as well do it in clothes we enjoy.” Very true.
Things of Note:
I’m back! I had a great trip visiting family up in Ohio & Michigan, and am now back home in Texas. How was everyone while I was away? Did you enjoy the guest posts last week? I’ll have a trip round-up type thing tomorrow, but for now, here’s some things I’ve learned about road-tripping:
- It is possible to make a 19-hour drive with just yourself and a puppy while only stopping a total of 3 times. The key: consolidation of potty breaks, gas refills, and food stops. Also: Books on tape. Even a crappy book on tape helps loads.
- The HOV lane would be cooler if it stood for Hovercraft. And if a puppy counted as my second person in the car.
- Texas will rain on me any time I’m making a solo trip – leaving, and coming back. I swear, every time.
- When you are tired out from aforementioned 19-hour drive, being attacked by a giant flying cockroach while unloading the car is about a badjillion times more alarming and curse-making. Many thanks to the boyfriend (whom I inadvertently woke up with the curse-making) for helping vanquish it.
Also: the winner of the August Group Giveaway is Chelsea from Sunny with a Chance of Sprinkles! Congrats, lady! I’ll be emailing you; please respond within 48 hours. 🙂