- Seriously considering this: Piano Adoption. And also just thrilled it exists.
- Critical is Sexy. I agree, wholeheartedly.
- Interesting read: Why do we hate seeing photos of ourselves?
- The Best Birth Control In The World Is For Men. This needs to get vetted by a medical group/foundation that doesn’t seem so sketchy, but is a potentially awesome idea.
- Ever at a loss as to whether that item in your fridge is still good & safe to eat? Wonder no more. StillTasty.com
- The Greatest Marriage Proposal Ever. This was both hilarious and awesome. There might have been tears.
- Size Doesn’t Matter. A great post from Haley about the rampant inconsistency in women’s clothing sizes.
- Blogger Beware: You CAN Get Sued for Using Pics on Your Blog. An eye-opening and instructive article.
- When Should You Have a Baby? A look at the different arguments.
- 12 Things Women Do Better Than Men. I am sure there are more.
- A useful chart to figure out what might be causing your acne and how to get rid of it: What is your acne telling you?
- A 6-year-old guesses what classic novels are about based on their covers. Hilarious.
- 10 Things Most Americans Don’t Know About America. Recommended reading for any American.
- A great read from Melissa: The Attempt at Pretty, or Why I Bother.
- 5 Things Women Should Stop Being Afraid Of.
- Bad Date Rescue. A new iPhone app rescues you from a bad date by simulating an emergency phone call from a neighbor, friend or relative. Too funny! And I kind of wish it had existed back when I was still on the market.
Things of Note:
My Ask Me Anything form is still open. Not a whole lot of submissions thus far, so either y’all aren’t that curious about me, or you have questions but they’re about things you think I don’t want to talk about. If the first, fair enough. If the second, there’s really not a whole lot I won’t talk about. If it’s something I haven’t mentioned on the blog, chances are it’s just because I don’t think you guys would be interested. So if you are – ask away!
Still time to grab a sponsor spot for August!
I am on a shopping hiatus, so guys will have to have all the fun for me for awhile and I will just have to be content with clothes swapping.
I can’t believe tomorrow is August. Where has this summer gone? I haven’t even gone swimming at all yet! What are you guys up to for the last month of summer? (Ok, last month for most of the country… September and even parts of October will still be summer-like here).