- Cool fact of the week: We Used To Have 6 More Letters In Our Alphabet.
- Nation with Crumbling Bridges and Roads Excited to Build Giant Wall. The satire burn is strong with this one.
- How Much Sugar Can You Avoid Today? This is tricky.
- France gives workers ‘right to disconnect’ from office email. The US needs this BADLY.
- The Wrong Way to Speak to Children. Food for thought.
- Republicans call Obamacare a ‘failure.’ These 7 charts show they couldn’t be more wrong. Also, psst, ACA and Obamacare are the SAME THING. Because apparently some anti-Obamacare who have ACA people don’t realize that!
- Dan Rather Scolds WSJ For Refusing To Call Trump On Lies.
- The Internet Archive’s Trump Archive will ensure that Trump’s U-turns and lies can always be challenged.
- I’ve left Twitter. It is unusable for anyone but trolls, robots and dictators. “I hate to disappoint anyone, but the breaking point for me wasn’t the trolls themselves – it was the global repercussions of Twitter’s refusal to stop them. The white supremacist, anti-feminist, isolationist, transphobic “alt-right” movement has been beta-testing its propaganda and intimidation machine on marginalised Twitter communities for years now.”
- Related: Rodrigo Duterte’s Army of Online Trolls.
Things of Note:
Nothing much to note this week, actually. Days happened. Meals were eaten. Work and chores done. That’s about it. This new year is starting out a bit slow over here.
How are things hanging in your world?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.